Over the last couple of years, there has been a boom in the demand for plant-based, or vegan options. Whether people are looking to lower their environmental impact, are looking for healthier recipes or are concerned about animal welfare there is no denying that dishes without animal products are becoming more and more popular.
As someone that leans towards eco, local, British, sustainability, vegan, vegetarian, natural, organic, and plant-based I think it is important to include these sorts of recipes here on The Pudding. So, today I am sharing this fantastic recipe for plant-based matcha cookies.
Matcha has been trendy for some years now and is added to baked goodies for its colour and subtle tea-taste which is a refreshing change to the usual flavourings found in our sweet treats. Ceremonial grade matcha is the most expensive but it is the top choice for baking because it retains the lovely vibrant green colour after baking.
These cookies are delicious and super easy to make so this recipe is perfect for new and experienced bakers alike. They only take 10-12 minutes to bake so there’s no excuse! So, give them a go!
- 200g of Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons of Baking soda
- 1 teaspoons of Baking powder
- 30g Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ofMatcha powder
- 60g Vegetable oil
- Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C
- Combine all the dry ingredients; almond flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- To the dry mix add the maple syrup and vegetable oil and mix until you rich a smooth dough.
- Add your dark chocolate chip to your taste and fold until the chocolate chips are combined.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spoon the matcha dough onto the sheet to make individual cookies.
- Flatten the cookies by press down the top with your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, then allow them to cool down for 1-2 minutes and then your vegan matcha cookies are ready to serve!
These cookies are perfect to enjoy with a cuppa, or why not make a batch and place in a decorative box to give to friends or family?