Pancakes don’t just have to be reserved for Shrove Tuesday. They make for a fabulous indulgent brunch, a delicious after-dinner dessert or just a fun excuse to have a tasty treat. Some people worry about getting out the frying pan and pancake mix for fear of sticking a pancake to the ceiling (does that really ever happen?), making a mess all over the cooktop when trying to flip them or setting off all the smoke alarms due to cooking them a little too long.
I am here to tell you that making pancakes doesn’t have to be scary, in fact, it can be fun! Why not try making these super adorable mini pancake bites? It certainly takes the pressure off from having to make the big version and there’s no need to flip or even get out the frying pan as these are made in a cupcake tray!
These use a gluten-free pancake mix, but you could make your own batter if you prefer. The world is your oyster when it comes to toppings! I love the classic combination of lemon and sugar, but you could choose from all sorts of options. Fresh fruit? Sure! Biscoff or Nutella? Go for it! How about some whipped cream? Yum!
Enjoy these all on your own or make a batch to share with family or friends at your next dinner party. They make lovely sweet canapes!
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 tbsp of butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 of cup milk
- 4 to 6 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil spray
- Whipped cream, 1 lemon for zesting, syrup (toppings)
- First things first, preheat your oven to 200°C
- Whisk together the pancake mix, melted butter, egg, milk, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Prepare your mini cupcake pan by spraying it with the olive oil spray.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop mix into each cupcake hole. Make sure you only fill it to half way.
- Pop your cupcake tray into the preheated overn and bake for 14 minutes at 200°C
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes.
- Pour a little syrup onto each pancake, letting it soak in, then leave to cool until they are not warm to the touch.
- Top with whipped topping, lemon zest and serve!