Autumn is a fantastic season for food. Whether you are tucking into an autumnal feast of soups, stews, pies or risottos made with gorgeous autumn fare such as pumpkins, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, asparagus or rhubarb you are bound to be left feeling warmed and satisfied.
Of course Autumn wouldn’t be Autumn without pumpkins suddenly popping up everywhere; from shop windows to coffees, we can’t get enough of this fabulous orange squash once the leaves start changing colour and a chill appears in the air.
You might think that as an ingredient pumpkin belongs securely in the savoury portion of the menu. However, you might be surprised to know that pumpkin is a welcome addition to many sweet dishes and works really well when paired with chocolate! Are you mad? I can hear you ask. No, I promise, if you try out this delicious chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe you won’t be disappointed.
This recipe is quick and easy to make and you don’t need much equipment making this a washing up friendly recipe, perfect for you busy mums out there. Enjoy!
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 x 15 oz can of pumpkin
- ⅓ of a cup of milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Pop your oven on to preheat to 175°C.
- The pumpkin bread is baked in a bread loaf pan, so it’s important to grease the pan next.
- Combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- With an electric mixer (or by hand) mix the ingredients gently 30 seconds and then add the rest of the flour, pumpkin and milk. Mix on medium low until the dough is solid.
- Sprinkle in your chocolate chips and mix into your dough.
- Empty the dough into your prepared bread loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Enjoy a cheeky slice (or two) with a cup of tea, it’s the perfect treat for a break in the afternoon.